Countdown to the 2022 midterms and how we're approaching coverage
The midterm elections are only three weeks away.
With inflation continuing to affect bank accounts and reproductive rights on the line, the battle to determine which party controls the Senate has perhaps never been more heated. The energy shows in voting numbers: More than two million people in America have already voted early, which is potentially pacing toward record numbers.
At Stacker, we strive to empower the world’s publishers with free, impartial, data-driven journalism that provides context to the complicated issues affecting folks all over America. We have dozens of pieces, some of which have been published and some of which are upcoming, both about the elections themselves and the issues that will be affected by them.
These are examples of national and local pieces already available on our newswire:
- States with the lowest voter turnout last midterm cycle
- What makes people vote? What data and experts say
- Rates of women voter registrations are surging—particularly where reproductive rights are threatened
- See the former jobs of the governor of [state]
- Where refugees in [state] are arriving from
And the following content is forthcoming:
- What midterm elections could mean for immigration in the US
- Gun control legislation that passed and failed over the last 20 years
- A brief history of how midterm elections changed Congressional control since FDR
- Vladimir Putin's history of conflict with foreign nations: the timeline and human cost
- Political cartoons from the last 100 years
Today, more than 1,000 newsrooms publish Stacker stories each month to augment and support their original reporting. As Stacker partners, publishers can take advantage of data and research-driven stories proven to drive traffic; licensing rights to all visuals and imagery; delivery via RSS, web portal, email, or Slack; early access to new and experimental story formats; and quarterly trend reports. If you're looking for stories that acquire and engage audiences and can complement your newsroom's content plans, reach out to us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.